9.04.2009

Waiting

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." -Psalm 32:8

I receive an e-mail devotional every day. One of the devotionals earlier this week told a story about a woman who went to Bible College. She said while she was in class, a student asked the professor, "How do you know God's will?" The professor thought about the question for a minute and then responded, "If you want God's will with all of your heart, He won't let you miss it."

I think that sometimes it's easy to be impatient and do your own will, rather than waiting on God's will. Many times we don't surrender everything either. It's scary to just let go. But if we truly desire God's will for us, we have to surrender, we have to wait and we have to seek Him. That's where I am right now. Except I sometimes worry and stress instead of fully surrendering; I sometimes try to plan the future instead of waiting for God's timing; and I sometimes try to figure things out on my own instead of seeking God first.

But it'll come. Everything will fall into place. God will speak. He always does!

3 comments:

DustinandMegan said...

Hey Diana, I needed to hear that today and be reminded! I totally understand and am in the same place right now. Dustin and I moved to Dallas two months ago, and we are seriously waiting to hear God's voice and know what to do next and whats in store for us! Hope you guys are doing great! Thanks for posting that. Glad I found your blog!
Megan

DustinandMegan said...

Right now I'm going to sub up in Allen and in Red Oak when I need to.

Anonymous said...

Lex and I are right there with you...as you well know. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and wisdom. Sometimes it is hard to live out what we know to be truth, but it sounds like you are waiting on the Lord with joy & freedom. Something God is showing me recently is that it's necessary to be in the Word in order to hear His voice. It's His WRITTEN WORD, His living breathe, but I so often look everywhere else for answers but there. Just thought I'd pass that on. I think there's absolute truth behind it. Love ya friend!