1.20.2010

No Matter What

This morning as I was driving to work, Jeremy Camp's There Will Be A Day came on the radio.

Part of the song is:
There will be a day with no more tears,
No more pain, and no more fears

There will be a day when the burdens of this place,
Will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always

This made me think of the people in Haiti and all the destruction they're going through. One day, we won't have tears or pain.

I thought about my life and how I feel really blessed. I have a wonderful husband, my family is healthy, we have food and a place to live and so many luxuries we take for granted every day. Then I thought, if I think my life is good right now, imagine how it'll be when we get to Heaven. Imagine what it'll be like to finally see Jesus. The things we'll hear. The colors we'll see. It'll be amazing.

But until that day, I will continue to seek God's will and follow Him. I will use what he has given me and blessed me with to bring glory back to him–no matter what. No matter if it's through tears, pain and destruction. No matter if it's through happiness and health.

Rejoice in the Lord always! I will say it again: Rejoice! -Philippians 4:4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that song! I've been listening to that since I got the cd around Christmas time.

Isn't it amazing how we can so easily lose perspective when we don't focus on what God has given us? He's so good!