12.01.2008

Disaster Dinner!

So, I decided to try a new recipe recently....it didn't work! I tried a fried chicken recipe I've never made before. I also made a pasta side to go with it. The chicken was only supposed to take about 30 minutes in the oven, but I kept it in for longer because it didn't look done. I kept the pasta cooking so that it wouldn't get cold while I was waiting for the chicken to finish. That dried out the pasta. As you can see from the pictures below, the chicken--and pasta--did not turn out at all! Needless to say, we threw out the mess-of-a-dinner and went out to eat.

As you can see, the flour on the "fried" chicken, never set right, the edges are all burnt and I don't think the chicken is cooked all the way through--even after over an hour in the oven! Oh, and the pasta is really dry!

No comments: