2.24.2009

Carlsbad Caverns

Last Thursday when I got home from work, Jason said we should take a day trip to Carlsbad Caverns on Friday (we both took the day off just for fun). So we woke up Friday morning, packed some sandwiches and headed on our way to Carlsbad!


This was our first day trip together! I was really excited because I've never been to Carlsbad Caverns.


So we made it to New Mexico...


Then to Carlsbad Caverns...


They warned us it was a strenuous hike. We were really worn out afterward! Our legs and feet were sore for a few days.


The opening of the cave. This is where you can sit when the bats fly out. Too bad the bats are in Mexico for the winter. But, I think I would have freaked out a little if we had walked in the cave and bats had been everywhere.


Jason and me before we went into the cave.


One of the columns in the cave.


I kept telling Jason to stick his hand in the random holes in the cave. This is probably one of the holes I told him to stick his hand in. Of course, he never did it. I don't blame him...I wouldn't do it either.


These were really tall stalagmites.

After we finished walking through the caverns, we drove to Hobbs, NM and ate at a Mexican food place, Tia Juana's. It was really good! Then we drove back home. Jason and I had a great time on our day trip. I'm really glad we got to go!

2 comments:

The Metz's said...

What a fun trip! Palo Duro Canyon is another fun day trip from Lubbock...Once I kidnapped Jason for his birthday and we went hiking there.

Anonymous said...

Y'all are so adorable.