1.06.2011

Christmas and More

We are not lacking in the Christmas tree department anymore. While we were visiting my family for the holidays, Jason and I stopped at a little Christmas shop and found the perfect tree! It's exactly what we were looking for: 9 feet tall and slim with white lights. Now we're just lacking in the Christmas ornament department, but those will be fun to buy!

Unfortunately, we didn't take a single picture at Christmas or New Year's. I know, we're really bad about that. We had Christmas with Jason's parents the week of Christmas, and then went to Dallas for Christmas with my family. While we were there, we hung out with my mom's side and dad's side of the family. It was so nice to see everyone!


There was, however, a pretty intense game of Battle of the Sexes with my mom's side of the family. We all got together a few times while Jason and I were in town. During one of those times, we played with the regular Battle of the Sexes cards. After we went through all of the cards, we decided to kick it up a notch at the next get-together. So we all had a week to come up with the hardest questions we could think of (or find online!). Of course the guys gave the girls a lot of historical and construction questions. Jason kindly threw in a few GMAT questions that none of the girls could get. And the girls gave the guys several undergarment, feminine hygiene and fashion questions. It was a pretty crazy game!


I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love right now.



I'm trying so hard to love it, but I just don't yet. I'm nearing the end of the first part (still in Italy), and while I enjoy the book, I don't constantly desire to read it like I wish I did. I want to love it, but there's no love there. Just like.


Remember the tags we made and put in Hodgepodge Design to sell?



They're actually selling! Dinah is going to continue to keep them in her store and sell them throughout the year. I'm hoping we can also make some new products to add to her store this year!

2 comments:

The Grays said...

I also have been reading eat pray love, I read the first part and then gave up on the rest. Oh well.
I'm excited about your tree, it sounds pretty!

The Grays said...

I also have been reading eat pray love, I read the first part and then gave up on the rest. Oh well.
I'm excited about your tree, it sounds pretty!