2.16.2010

Two Days Late...

On this post, that is.

I probably should've posted about what we did for Valentine's Day on Valentine's Day, but I didn't. So I'm doing it now.

I'm not a huge advocate of Valentine's Day where I have to have flowers, gifts and an expensive dinner. I think it's because I'm kind of cheap. And because we are trying to pay off student loans and stuff. Ok, and because I'm cheap (did I already mention that?).

However, I still want plans to be made for Valentine's Day. I guess it's the hype of the holiday instilled in my head.

So Jason–very sweetly–decided to make dinner for us. He had it all planned to make tostadas. But after church we ended up eating lunch at Rosa's, so neither of us really wanted Mexican food for dinner. So Jason changed his plans. He made the equivalent of the Bowtie Festival at Johnny Carino's. I think Jason's was by far better, but I might be a little biased.

He slaved in the kitchen to prepare his wonderful meal while I relaxed and watched TV. I'm not completely useless, though. I did make the salads and set the table!

My contribution to Valentine's Day was a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing and red sprinkles on top. I made cupcakes the day before for my friend's engagement party (Congratulations, Kailee!), and saved some of the batter to make a small cake for Jason.

We had a very nice Valentine's Day. Thanks, Jason, for making such a delicious Bowtie Festival!

3 comments:

Kathy Lynn said...

I'm glad we were able to have a Valentine's lunch with you. Sorry about the Mexican food. oops! I'm sure the bowtie festival and red velvet cake was wonderful, though!

emily bee said...

hey b. you're so kool. i love your blog!!! miss you.

love, b

The Grays said...

Yum, that sounds delicious!!! The bowtie festival is my favorite thing at carinos.