6.03.2010

Celebrating

Yesterday was Jason's birthday...


We invited his family over for dinner to celebrate. Jason made a delicious brisket...


We also had beans, salad, baked potatoes and peach tea. I made a chocolate chip pie for dessert. Jason found the recipe a few weeks ago and said he wanted that instead of a traditional cake. The pie turned out to be very tasty! It tasted like a big chocolate chip cookie. Now, what you can't see is that before I baked the pie, I spelled out "Happy Birthday" on the top with mini chocolate chips. I didn't take into account that the pie would rise, or the chocolate chips would sink, or whatever happened, because it totally disappeared. Do you know how long it takes to spell something with mini chocolate chips? Take it from me, it takes awhile.


Jason opened his presents and blew out his candle...well, of course, after he finished texting...


We had a great time celebrating with Jason's family. I'd say he had a pretty good birthday with good food, good company and Best Buy gift cards!

No comments: