12.10.2009

A Little Taste of Heaven

This is one of my most favorite dessert dips. It's called Chocolate Chip Dip, and it's super easy to make! I made it yesterday for my friend's Christmas party and everyone loved it!


1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) *

* I've never added the nuts. I'm not a huge fan of them, so I don't add them.

In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Whisk in the vanilla and set aside to cool.

Beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar for 1 minute. Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture, and beat again for another minute.

Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate.

Garnish with additional chocolate chips or nuts, if you choose.

Serve with graham crackers, Nilla wafers or pretzels. My favorite is graham crackers! Spread it on the cracker and eat...mmmm...a little taste of heaven!

2 comments:

The Grays said...

That sounds AMAZING!

Rachael Clark said...

That looks so good. It reminds me of a snack I used to eat when I was little called "Dunkaroos". They were my favorite. I will have to try this!