12.02.2009

That's Life

I don't typically blog a lot. My life isn't always very interesting. I don't have kids, so I can't post cute pictures of them or tell funny stories about things they said. I don't have any pets, so I can't upload videos of them running around. I don't take cool pictures either. Those are the kinds of blogs I read, so mine seems kind of boring to me right now. But since this is called Life with the LeMaster's, I'll just tell you what's going on in our lives right now.

Our house is a mess. Not a mess like we have dirty clothes on the floor that need to be picked up. Not a mess like there are dishes piled up in the sink. Not even a mess like I probably should've cleaned a week ago. No, it's worse. Much worse. We don't have any flooring. We're living on our concrete slab. Which would be cool if it was stained and looked nice. But instead it's stained with worker's shoe prints, spills and who know what else from when the house was being built.

So why don't we have any floors right now? Ok, I exaggerated a tiny bit. We have floors in the bedrooms because they're carpeted. But the rest of the house–concrete slab. Apparently there was too much moisture being soaked up through the foundation so it was causing the planks to curl up. So the floors are now ripped up. A sealer will be put down and we will get new flooring hopefully this week or next week.

Not a huge deal, but it's really hard for me because I'm an organizer. I like things neat and clean. Our house is anything but that right now. Most of the furniture is scattered throughout the three bedrooms so it's not in the way when the new floor comes. We can't decorate for Christmas yet, which is ok, except that Jason and I raided Hobby Lobby one weekend and bought some really cute decorations for Christmas that I'm dying to put out! I also bought a few things at The Container Store over Thanksgiving so we could get more organized, and I can't do that yet either.

Although it's hard for me to not clean and organize, I think this is actually good for me. Houses that are lived in aren't typically going to look like model homes or the living rooms you see in magazines. And Christmas decorations might get you in the holiday spirit and make your house look cute, but they're not the real reason to celebrate Christmas.

So when it comes down to it, we're living on our concrete slab, our house is a mess and nothing is organized or where it should be. But that's life. Things will look better, be cleaned up and get organized and back to normal. They always do!

2 comments:

The Metz's said...

I am so sorry to hear about your house! I hope that the work goes smoothly. You are so right however...It is all about our perspective! We wish you guys a wonderful holiday season!

The Grays said...

I hope they get the floor finished soon! It is hard when your house is a mess, for me it just makes life feel more stressful (which means I feel like that pretty much everyday, hah). If you ever just need a little time away from the "mess" feel free to come over here!