4.16.2010

Top 3

My good friend Jacquelyn visited us recently, and we were talking about different meals we make for dinner sometimes. I know, grown-up talk. When you're younger, you probably never imagine you'd exchange recipes because that's boring and only old people do that. Not true. I love getting new recipes now! Jacquelyn introduced us to one of our new favorite recipes: "Chicken Pockets."

As we were eating our chicken pockets on Monday night, we kept saying things like "amazing," "good," "my new favorite," "let's make this every week," ....well, you get the point. It was that good! I've decided this particular dinner goes in my Top 3 of Best Dishes I've Ever Made. It's definitely better than the disaster I made one night.

Here's how we made our chicken pockets:

1. Tear off 2 sheets of aluminum foil (about 8" x 12")


2. Lightly oil one side of the foil with extra virgin olive oil.


3. Slice all of your vegetables. We used:

Squash


Red Bell Pepper



Zucchini


Sweet Onion


4. Place sliced vegetables on the greased foil sheets. Lightly oil the vegetables and add salt and pepper.



5. Place a seasoned chicken breast on top of the vegetables. We bought cajun-seasoned chicken breasts from the butcher. We plan to try other seasoned chicken, but it'll be hard because the cajun one was so good!
6. Bring together two sides of each foil sheet over the ingredients, and double fold the edges. Double fold each end to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.

7. Put the chicken pockets in your oven. (We put a sheet of foil on the bottom of the oven just in case the juices leaked out. I don't think any did, but better safe than sorry. I don't like cleaning the oven.)


8. Bake at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes.


9. Get ready for one of the tastiest dishes ever! I think a lot of the taste probably depends on the way the chicken is seasoned, so make sure your seasoning has a lot of flavors. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Kathy Lynn said...

awww, Foil dinners... We make those when we go camping, family/girl scout/backyard - - . We use hamburger meat, too. Kids make their own. Great fun and memories.